Friday, February 6, 2009

Off day ...

Today is my off day for the week, every friday I take a day off from my usual training. I know it's good for my body, it helps it heals from those last six days of training and get ready for the next six. But each times I feel guilty, I always tell to myself that maybe I could use that off day to squeeze in another swim session. Or that I could go out and run an easy run just for recovery. Why is it that we feel guilty when we don't train one day? I mean I spent many years in my life not training at all and I never really felt guilty. But now for one single day I do ... I must admit, when I woke up today and looked at the weather I wasn't feeling bad for not going outside today to run. It was -21C and with the wind around -32C, you gotta love it when your off day is the same day as the coldest weather of the week. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 0C, -32C versus 0C, I will accept this trade without any problem. Running with a weather that warm, I haven't seen this since a while. I will have to rethink how I will dress to makes ure I am not too warm, didn't think I would have to worry about that in February in Quebec city ;) Training for the last week was Running Distance - 43 km Time - 4:27:00 Biking Distance - 82 km Time - 2:40:00 Swimming Distance - 4100 meters Time - 2:15:00

No comments:

Post a Comment