Thursday, June 18, 2009

Celebrating one year

Saturday is the Lac Beauport triathlon, this is the first event in which I participated last year. Me and a friend did the relay duathlon, it was our first for both of us. I remember seeing everyone with their wetsuits and being amazed that some people could do that. They were to swim a WHOLE kilometer then bike 22km and run a 8km to finish it. At that time I was just starting to ride my bike, I mean seriously, I maybe had two months of serious riding done. I was not running at all and I was not even dreaming about swimming 50 meters ;)

To see them get throught the race was simply amazing, swimming, riding and then running. It was just crazy in my mind ... at that time at least. Two weeks later I had my second relay duathlon, there was a double Ironman, a Ironman and a half Ironman and this is where I fell in love with that sport. Just to see people do an Ironman in between 9 and 17 hours just amazed me and I decided that I would complete one one day. On July 7th I started running, the day after the second Duathlon and I completed a couple of duathlons and runnign events last year. Then I started swimming in September with the intention to complete a triathlon this summer.

I did complete my first triathlon on May 23rd this year and it was an amazig experience, but going back to Lac Beauport this week-end, where it all started will be special. In two days it will be my birthday in the sport, and I am really happy about it. Now I just hope I will celebrate a lot more of those in the upcoming years. And the Lac Beauport's triathlon will always be a special one because of that.

Now I will take it easy for the next couple of days to give my legs a break before Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. You have come a long way young grasshopper.

    BTW what did you think about the awards last night? There was a time when I thought Michel Goulet and Daniel Bouchard had funny names.

    BOL this weekend it will be a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously thought that Malkin would win the Hart.

    I can't wait for tomorrow, 40% chances of rain so far so we shouldn't be too wet ;)

    ReplyDelete