Wednesday, April 15, 2009

First ride with my new baby!

Today was the day, I was feeling like we both were ready. The weather was nice, around 55F or so, and almost no winds. The only problem, I was at work. I was not too sure if getting out of the office early was a good idea since I had stuff to do still. But the weather was sooo nice I could hear the bike calling my name.

So at 3h45 or so I decided to take off, I figured I would work harder on another day, at least this is the reason I gave myself to get out early today. Jumped in the car, and tried to get home as fast as possible. I called my wife on my way home, to let her know that I would be late tonight since I had to go ride. She said she knew that I would call her to tell her that when she saw the weather. She's so sweet, she understand that I am a junky and that I really need my training fix.

When I finally arrived home I rush into my room to change clothes and get my riding gear on. Prepared some Cytomax and I was ready to take off. Got outside and jumped on the Trek. I did one quick ride once last week end to test the aero position and have an idea if the fit was good or not, I rode 7km or so so nothing to get really excited.

Today was the first real test, I went out for a 40km. A road that I like to ride on and that I do a lot so I knew traffic wouldn't be too bad, which was good because it was my first time in aero for a long ride. I rode the 40 in 75 minutes or so, stayed in aero the whole ride, so I am pretty happy about that. The fit seems to be really good, didn't feel any pain but my neck is a bit sore though, I guess it takes some times to get used to.

I am really happy with my new bike, it feels really fast. Today's ride was around 32km/h on a road with stop sign red lights traffic etc. So I guess I can get some really nice speed on a closed track.

The only thing that was a bit weird while riding was that I couldn't get as fast while going downhill that I usually do with my roadie. I am not too sure if it's because I am not used to the bike and the aero position yet, or if it is normal. I guess time will tell me :)

I need to take some pictures of the new bike and post them, tried with my cell phone but it didn't work out well.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on breaking in the new baby !

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to see the bike!! It has been gorgeous in Montreal for the past few days.

    ReplyDelete