Saturday, September 25, 2010

Off season!

Off season is knocking at my door. At first I had the idea of running another half marathon before calling it done for 2010 but I decided otherwise finally.

2010 has been a good season for me overall. Here is my recap:

I ran 2 10k, PRed in the second one by a good margin. It was kinda downhill though, so I can't really count it as a PR ;)

I ran my first stand alone 5k ever, which gave me a nice PR.

I ran a stand alone 15k for the first time also, another PR ;)

I ran two half marathon, PRed in the first one and ran the second one as a training run.

I also did 4 triathlon, I PRed in the one in my backyard at Lac Beauport. I competed in the Drummondville Oly distance. I also completed my first half Ironman ever which gave me a spot for the world championship 2011 in long distance triathlon (4km swim, 120km bike and 30km run). I then completed my season with Syracuse 70.3 with a nice PR last week end.

Overall I am really happy with my season, and even if my running gave me some nice PR during the summer I need to work on it bad because I got disappointed by it in both my HIM.

So my goals for the winter are:

  • Swimming at least 3 days a week, more would be better, we will see.
  • Biking 3 days a week to work on my FTP
  • Run more, and then even more. I will try a new program which will get me running 6 days a week. 
  • Lose 10 pounds, running like that should help ;)
I will start the off season kinda slowly though, biking will be easy for the next couple of weeks depending of the weather since I sold my Fortius and I am still looking for a new trainer.

I will try to get my hands on the new LeMond Revolution Bike Trainer, it really seems like an awesome trainer from what I read so far. I will keep you posted about this as soon as I get some news.

No comments:

Post a Comment