Sunday, June 6, 2010

Descente Royale - 10k race

This course is a really easy one, everyone always told me how easy it was to PR on it. I never really thought that it would be that easy though. Don't get me wrong, I pushed hard and at the end I was out of everything. But still, I don't think that I can hold that kind of pace on a normal course. 

Going down a false flat for 10k is great ;) 

Last Friday, I had a chat with a friend from work who is a speedy. I told him that his 43:12 time would fall this Sunday. So today's secret plan was to beat Alex's time. I honestly was not sure that I would be able to do it though. I analysed my 10k that I ran in May and decided that I didn't push hard enough, so today's plan was to push as hard as I could push. 

As soon as the race started I went almost all out, I was actually way too fast the first 500 meters and I slowed on purpose to not go too fast and run out of legs by the end. 

The first 4 splits were fast, 4:09, 4:10, 4:09, 4:06. Then the 5th was like 4:21. I got scared at that point because I thought that my legs decided to stayed at the 4km mark. 

The first 5k was still damn fast, actually faster than my faster 5k ever. At that point I knew that I only had to run 4:20 splits or so to beat Alex. So I tried my best to stay on that pace. 4:20, 4:19, 4:20, 4:17 and 4:03 to toped it off :) Second 5k was a bit slower, but I was just trying to find the energy to keep pushing that kind of pace at that point. 

At the speed at which I ran that first 5k I was not really sure what would happen on the rest of the race. 

For once when I actually saw the finish line I had nothing left in the tank, I tried as hard as I could to sprint the finish line, but my body told me to go f... myself ;)


Finish time : 42:43
Age group : 34/176
Overall : 142/1015

No comments:

Post a Comment